The Ministry for New and Renewable Energy (MNRE), India has finally launched an online solar PV calculator. This one has come a little late from the Govt., many solar power developers have integrated their own calculators on their websites (Even I had one for my blog).
- It is currently only for rooftop projects
- The meteo data is general for specific states, it is not location specific.
- It gives preliminary results of payback with and without subsidy.
- It also estimates payback based on your current grid tariffs.
- You could also check financing details by entering the debt terms in the tool.
- Overall its a good start, but has a long way to go. Check this for an online tool from NREL. (PVWatts)